– Arrival in Tbilisi, meeting at the airport.
– Depart to Aragvi Valley via military road. On the way, we will visit Fortress Ananuri. It is not only a historical place, but from here, you can also see the Zhinvali reservoir with an amazing panoramic view.
– Later depart to the famous ski resort Gudauri (photo shooting).
– Overnight in Gudauri
– Breakfast at the Hotel.
– We will have a Kazbegi tour in Stepantsminda: go up to Gergeti Trinity church to enjoy the amazing views, traveling by 4×4 Jeeps (2170m above the sea level). When the weather is fair, you will enjoy the stunning view on the Mountain Kazbeg (5147m), one of the highest peaks in Georgia.
– Explore the capital of Georgia, Tbilisi and wander the old districts of the city with its narrow streets, patterned balconies and colorful houses.
– Abanotubani –(Literally “bath district”) and the well-known Sulfuric Baths. Abanotubani is an important historic part of the city: it is where according to a legend the King of Iberia, Vakhtang Gorgasali’s falcon fell, leading to a discovery of the hot springs and, subsequently, to founding of a new capital.
– Legvtakhevi – a beautiful pedestrian street with a little waterfall.
– Peace Bridge: Within the bridge walkway, the low-power linear LED arrays embedded in the glass railings are triggered by 240motion sensors as the pedestrians pass, giving an impression that the bridge lights come on for each person setting foot on the bridge. Additionally, a message in Morse code that renders the periodic table of elements goes across two parapets every hour. The lights designer Martinaud considers this communication celebration of “life and peace between people”.
– Walking through the street «Bambis rigi»
– Rezo Gabriadze Famous puppet theatre with a clock tower.
– Overnight in Tbilisi
– Breakfast at the Hotel. Excursion in Mtkheta & Jvari monastery.
– Mtskheta is an ancient city, it can be also called the open air museum, and many centuries ago it was a former capital of Easten Georgia. It is a spiritual heart of the entire country.
– Jvari Monastery. It is considered to be the first monastery in Georgia. According to the historians it was built in V-VI century. Exactly here St. Nino set up the cross from a grapevine and began to preach Christianity. The monastery stands on the top of the hill. The slope of this hill goes down, straight to the place where two rivers, Kura and Aragvi, meet, to prolong they way together. The place is famous not only for its cultural and historical roots, but also for the spectacular, unforgettable view on the surrounding mountains and valleys.
– Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, built in the 11 th century. Though the site itself is even older dating back to the early 4th century and is surrounded by a number of legends associated primarily with the early Christian traditions. Svetitskhoveli, known as the burial site of Christ’s mantle, has long been the principal Georgian church and remains one of the most venerated places of worship to this day. The church counts UNESCO world heritage sites.
– Our second stop will be at Gori city. This town is known as the place where Stalin was born and studied.
– There is also a museum dedicated to this historical figure. The museum collection boasts many personal belongings of the leader, including his personal railway carriage.
– Then we’ll prolong our way to the ancient cave city Uplistsikhe. This mysterious place is called Uplistsikhe. Its history dates back to the II-I millennium BC.
– In the era of Late Antiquity, it was a thriving and influential religious, political and cultural center. We will walk along the streets carved into the rock, pass magnificent cave temples, halls, dwellings and utility rooms.
– People finally abandoned this settlement only in the 19th century AD. Ages ago this amazing city consisted of more than 700 underground premises, but only 150 have reached our days.
– Afterward, we’ll return back to Tbilisi. Photo stop at The Chronicle of Georgia. Dinner with show program.
– Overnight in Tbilisi
– Breakfast at the Hotel and check out.
– Transfer to airport for the flight back to your hometown.